Solar Boost 3000i’s sophisticated 3-stage charge control plus auto/manual equalization optimally charges flooded, GEL and AGM lead-acid chemistry batteries. A user configurable auxiliary output is also provided which can serve as either a 20 amp LVD load controller, 20 amp lighting controller with LVD, or 2 amp auxiliary battery charger for a second battery such as the engine start battery in an RV.
The low power LED display combines excellent readability with very low power consumption, includes an automatic night time diming feature and may be turned off completely if desired. The high accuracy display shows battery voltage, input & output current, auxiliary battery voltage, and computes total solar charge amp-hours produced. To provide optimal charge control for various battery types all digital setpoints for charge control and load control are user adjustable.
Solar Boost 3000i may also operate as an IPN Network Master controlling up to 7 remote Blue Sky Energy IPN compatible charge controllers such as the SB3024iL. Blue Sky Energy’s IPN Network allows multiple charge controllers to communicate with each other and coordinate their activities to charge the battery as a single coordinated charging machine. All networked controllers display through the SB3000i’s digital display and may share a battery temperature sensor, IPN-ProRemote display for high accuracy battery system monitoring, or Universal Communication Module (UCM) for remote access over the Internet.
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) increases charge current up to 30% or more compared to conventional charge controllers
- Accepts up to 400W of 36 cell PV modules or 290W of higher voltage 60 cell grid-tie PV modules
- 3-Stage charge control with auto/manual equalization optimally charges flooded, GEL and AGM batteries improving battery performance & life
- Multifunction low power LED digital display with automatic night time dimming provides
- excellent readability
- Auxiliary output serves as 2 amp auxiliary battery charger or 20 amp load/lighting controller
- Lighting controller provides separate PostDusk & PreDawn timers plus variable middle of the night PWM dimming
- IPN network interface coordinates multiple charge controllers & shares optional battery sensor and IPN-ProRemote display
- Optional Universal Communication Module (UCM) allows remote access over the Internet.
- Anodized face plate and conformal coated electronics resists corrosion
- 5-Year limited parts & labor warranty