The Fast-Rack Talon is the latest rafterless PV installation system. Designed as part of the Fast-Rack racking system, the FR-Talon lets you put solar where you want it – not just where the rafters let you. It saves time on the roof by eliminating the hunt for rafters, predrilling and accidently splitting rafters by lag screws. By spreading out the loads over a greater area, and using multiple wood screws, the Fast-Rack L-Feet are secured to the roof decking. Engineered for Canada and part of the reason Fast-Rack is one of Canada’s most popular PV racking systems. Designed for Fast-Rack with 48” centres or less. Consult the installation manual for instructions.
- FASTER – No need to find and drill trusses – FR-Talon allows you to secure directly to the roof decking. Now L-Feet can go wherever you want them. Quick and secure.
- SECURE – Unique multi-screw connection secures FR-Talon to roof decking. Engineered with pull-out tests that greatly exceed Canadian snow loads and winds.
- ENGINEERED – We have full engineering documents to satisfy engineers and building inspectors for most locations in Canada.
- WATERPROOF – Each FR-Talon system comes with the engineered Fast-Rack roof bracket, and a heavy gauge anodized aluminum flashing with sealing gasket. The assembled units are water tested.
- QUICK INSTALLATION – Simply locate the flashing where you want the L-Foot to land. Screw in 8-10 #10 sheet metal screws (installer supplied). Cover with the FR-Talon flashing and install your L-Foot with a ½” socket.