The main components and features for the MP Series enclosures are:
- Standard configurations allow future expansion using MPX enclosures for increased power
- Enclosure is steel construction with a durable, white powder coat fi nish to help prevent corrosion
- Built-in, pre-wired, full system bypass switch for inverter isolation/battery maintenance
- Front-mounted AC and DC breakers for quick and easy operation
- AC, DC, and Ground busbars with set-screw type compression terminals (no lugs required)
- Full system capacity shunt (500 or 1000 DCA), allows easy connection to battery monitor
- Enclosure and components are certifi ed for indoor use to UL/CSA standards
- DC negative and ground busbars (negative can be isolated if PV-GFP device installed)
- Battery positive busbar for DC loads and PV arrays included (not available on MPSH-30D)
- Space available to add DC load/disconnect breakers (not available on MPSH-30D)
- Standalone top plate provided to allow other (non-Magnum) inverter installations
- Knockouts for inverter and battery cables, PV in/out, DC breakers
- Data cables with 300-volt rated insulation provided to allow 240V AC inverter installations
- Easy accessibility for fi eld installation/wiring of additional breakers/components
- Pre-wired AC over-current circuit breaker protection to the inverter’s input
- Space for additional AC breakers (depends on enclosure configuration)
- Inverter DC disconnect with inverter-to-breaker battery cables included
- Plated copper busbars included for up to six additional battery positive and negative circuits
- Expandable: start with the enclosure and just one inverter and in the future expand to two inverters with ease, using the MPX.
- Easy installation: all connections are front-mounted, including AC and DC breakers and the MPX.
Labor saving: panel is pre-wired for fast installation, saving labor costs.
DC load breakers: fits either din rail or back-mount DC load breakers.
Convenient knockouts: knockouts on the side of the enclosure are compatible with most charge controllers.
- D30A AC Inverter Input Breaker (x1)
- D60A AC System Bypass
- 175A DC Disconnect (x1)
- 500A/50mV DC Shunt
- Inverter AC Input/Output wires
- Inverter Hood (x1)
- Data cables rated for 120/240V AC circuits
- Router Bracket
Magnum Panel part numbers follow a three-part pattern where (for example) MPSL-30D may be broken down into:
Which MP Panel is right for me?
MP enclosures are available in four basic configurations: the MPSL-30D, MPSH-30D and MPDH-30D are designed to be used with the MS-PAE inverter models when stacked in parallel, and the MPSL-60S, which is designed for use with two MS4024 inverters when stacked in series. These configurations provide different maximum power abilities to meet present and future requirements.
“Single in / Single out” (SISO) and “Double in / Double out” (DIDO) refer to the number of hot AC legs (L1 & L2) in and out of the inverter that the given MMP Panel is wired to accept. Note that “PAE” inverters must use DIDO MMP Panels to accomodate the split phase 120/240VAC input and output functionality of the PAE inverters. Single phase 120VAC input and output Magnum inverters may use SISO or DIDO inverters depending on site requirements. All MS Series Magnum inverters have L1 and L2 Hot in and out terminals. Therefore, even if the inverter is not a split phase inverter, it can still connect to both legs of a split phase generator and will “pass through” split phase voltage during generator operation.
|MP Panel Part Number
|Extension Part Number
|DC Inverter Breaker
|AC Input &
|# of Hot Legs
Don’t forget to order one BP-D backplate for your installation! Your MP distribution panel, extension panel(s), hood and Magnum inverter(s) were designed to mount to it!