The Kid is a 30A Charge Controller, is made for small to medium sized renewable energy systems. It’s ideal for cabins, boats, RVs and other similar applications. It utilizes Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology to optimize output from your solar array.
THE KID IS CERTIFIED TO UL1741 & UL458 (MARINE SUPPLEMENT)
With the UL458 marine supplement, THE KID meets very strict vibration, environment, and thermal requirements.
CABINS – RV – GENERAL USE
- MORE POWER – As your power needs increase, add an additional Kid and more solar panels to your array for twice the power from a single run of PV wires.
- AUTO GENSTART (AGS) – The Kid is available with a 2-wire Smart AGS. The Kid Smart AGS will start a generator and then monitor the batteries to ensure proper charging. If the AGS fails to charge, the generator will be turned off saving fuel. AGS is user adjustable. NOTE: Currently MidNite is shipping the KID without the AGS feature. To receive the AGS feature with your KID, request an AGS model when ordering. There is no extra cost for AGS.
- BATTERIES – The Kid can charge 12, 24, 36 or 48 volt battery banks. It supports charging traditional flooded, AGM or Gel batteries and newer technologies such as Lithium and Calcium SMF.
- LOAD CIRCUIT – A unique feature of the Kid is the load circuit. This versatile feature can be used for many purposes including running well pumps, electric fences, or billboard lights in remote areas.
- LOAD DUMPING – The Kid has a mode that allows excess energy coming in from the PV array to be diverted to run hot water heaters or other electrical loads. This feature ensures you get the most out of your Kid during times of peak energy production.
- CUSTOMIZABLE LIGHTING CONTROLLER – The Kid sports a highly customizable lighting controller. It can be set to turn on automatically at dusk, off at a specified time, and then back on at another preset time and off automatically at dawn. This is called Dusk Plus and Dawn Minus. Using Dusk Plus and Dawn Minus has the distinct advantage of saving battery power. This setting is great for accent lighting in residential areas or for running grow lights in greenhouses.
- LCD & LED MONITORING – All parameters of your Renewable Energy System can be monitored right from the LCD display. LEDs indicate if your batteries have been fully charged in the last 2 weeks, numerical read outs show PV input and battery voltage, as well as state of charge.
- CURRENT SENSING MODULE – Add the Whizbang Jr, our current sense module to the mix and you have a complete State of Charge Meter.